I’ve just released a very work-in-progress version of hardware MIDI input support. The feature will improve over time but I’m looking for feedback on this as it’s developed.
It has the following features/limitations:
- only supported in desktop/laptop Chrome
- noteOn and noteOff events are the only controller events that are listened to
- can only play keys that are or were visible on the screen
- drum pads must be sent on Channel 10
- melodic keys must be sent on Channel 1
- supports velocity
If you are able to test the above, I’d appreciate your input on whether it’s working or not for you. You should be able to connect a USB MIDI controller at any time.